sa

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Donate!

Hey y'all!

Today I donated blood at the church my husband and I have been visiting.



I have given blood many times before, but today I actually almost passed out which has never happened to me! I guess I should have eaten some lunch beforehand? :) At least the lady taking my donation snapped some good pictures before they had to turn me upside down.



Did you know...

... that every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood?

... that more than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day?

... that the blood type most often requested by hospitals are type O? That's because you are the universal donor. Everyone can receive your blood!

... that a single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood?

stats taken from THIS website.


That means that if you are able, you need to donate!

To find out where you can donate in your area, visit The American Red Cross website.

6 comments:

  1. I'm able to give blood again at the end of this month, but I haven't made an appointment to do it yet. But I will! My husband had the same thing happen to him. I bet it was because you hadn't eaten beforehand. They had to turn him upside down, too. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on donating!

    I passed out the second time I gave blood and didn't give it again until very recently (8 years had passed) and I'm so glad I did. It's so simple and it feels good knowing you did a little bit to help someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. The Red Cross called my phone yesterday, so I must be about due for another donation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard some of those statistics. I guess it feels good knowing you helped someone even though you felt a little sick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great you donated! I'd love to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for donating! I have tried to donate before but I am usually anemic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by y'all! I love your comments, and I read each and EVERY one!